Coming into 2017 with steady balance on rocky ground! First challenge this go around is to stand on a stability ball. My 2017 resolution is to do one new thing a day for 100 days straight. I did this in 2014 and soaked in some of the best experiences (and most amazing smiles with friends!) of my life. Going to attempt the challenge once more, life is short and there is too much goodness out there to explore! More importantly, I found that when I focused my attention on learning and growing, I was able to get a better grasp on my not so healthy habits. Tons of natural highs out there to be had…
So, today I began the challenge with a physical one, something I have been working on for the past few weeks. Today the mission to stand on a stability ball was accomplished. Here is the video. Below are a few tips..
**REMEMBER LIKE ANY NEW FEAT, THIS TAKES PRACTICE! I PROMISE WITH JUST A COUPLE OF MINUTES A DAY YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF PROGRESS QUICKLY. KEEP AT IT AND DON’T QUIT!!**
1. Start with an TRIANGLE – Dominant hand at the top, dominant foot at one bottom and non dominant hand at the other bottom.
2. Begin the process by taking your non domiant knee next to the non dominant hand and work your way to having 1 knee and 1 foot on the ball
3. Keep your core STRONG, shoulders relaxed and gaze at the ground in front of the ball rather than looking on the ball.
4. Shift to only having your fingertips on the ball as you switch out your knee for your foot.
5. You are now on 2 feet and your finger tips
6. Drop weight into your sit bones like you are doing a deep squat
7. BREATHE!! Slowly start to stand, keeping a soft bend in the knees to adapt to change in balance.
8. SMILE!! YOU ROCKED IT! 😊