Luo Han Guo (Monk Fruit) is native to southern China and has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for decades.
Because of its many healthy benefits, it is commonly called “the immortal’s fruit”.
Why should you care? Read on…
- Luo Han Guo is an ideal sugar substitute and will help you kick that sugar addiction to the curb!
- It gives you the sweetness of sugar without affecting your blood sugar. In fact it’s glycemic index is zero.
- Monk fruit’s sweetness does not come from fructose or sucrose. Instead it comes from mogrosides which are antioxidants – substances that protect your cells against free radicals. Mogrosides, specifically Mogroside V (found in monk fruit), as well have anti inflammatory properties.
- Because of these naturally occurring mogrosides, this immortal fruit is 150x sweeter than sugar.
- There is promising research taking place that delves into monk fruit extract’s ability to inhibit cancer cell growth.
- Since it does not have an effect on one’s blood sugar, Luo Han Guo can safely be used by diabetics. Allowing for sweetness without the negative side effects!
CHECK OUT WHERE MONK FRUIT STANDS ON THIS GLYCEMIC INDEX CHART:
ENJOY A LITTLE GUILT FREE SWEETNESS!