“Words are singularly the most powerful force available to humanity. We can choose to use this force constructively with words of encouragement, or destructively using words of despair. Words have energy and power with the ability to help, to heal, to hinder, to hurt, to harm, to humiliate and to humble.” –Yehuda Berg
Today’s First: Words with Wire
I have always wanted to try this! It was as challenging as I had anticipated, but certainly doable. And fun.. 🙂
Mine: (need some practice!)
This website has a plethora of templates and creative ideas:
*21 gauge or 22 gauge round half hard brass wire or copper wire is best to practice with. (After you learn to make name jewelry, you can use gold plated wire, gold filled wire, silver filled wire or sterling silver wire.)
* You can use square wire but it’s a little more difficult so you might want to start with round wire. Square wire looks a little better but round wire is easier I was told (glad I heeded the advice).
TOOLS NEEDED :
- Chain Nose Pliers — Must be a jewelers pliers without serrated jaws.
- Flat Nose Pliers — Jewelers pliers with the jaws slim and sleek. Don’t get inferior pliers that are very thick and bulky. This could harm your letter forming.
- Round Nose Pliers — Jewelers pliers with a slim sleek nose. Not thick and bulky. For more info on these pliers check our wire jewelry forum.
- Wire Cutters — simple cutters will do.