Today’s first was shooting pool with Al at a local billiard joint (have shot pool before, but never at Smitty’s) pic at end of this post. Ended up finding a more intriguing first – taking an online “Personality Assessment” test – pretty cool. (surprisingly felt accurate, good to read about your weaknesses and strengths)
“Your True Self Revealed”: www.personaldna.com
About You: Animated Inventor
• Your imagination, self-reliance, openness to new things, and appreciation for utility combine to make you an INVENTOR.
• You have the confidence to make your visions into reality, and you are willing to consider many alternatives to get that done.
• The full spectrum of possibilities in the world intrigues you—you’re not limited by pre-conceived notions of how things should be.
• Problem-solving is a specialty of yours, owing to your persistence, curiosity, and understanding of how things work.
• Your vision allows you to identify what’s missing from a given situation, and your creativity allows you to fill in the gaps.
• Your awareness of how things function gives you the ability to come up with new uses for common objects.
• It is more interesting for you to pursue excitement than it is to get caught up in a routine.
• Although understanding details is not difficult for you, you specialize in seeing the bigger picture and don’t get caught up in specifics.
• You tend to more proactive than reactive—you don’t just wait for things to come to you.
• You’re not afraid to let your emotions guide you, and you’re generally considerate of others’ feelings as well.
• Never one to be found in chic boutiques or trendy clothing stores, you take an extremely practical approach to getting dressed.
If you want to be different: Try applying your creativity to more artistic arenas, and letting your imagination take less practical forms.
how you relate to others: you are animated
• You are outgoing, comfortable with others, and up for anything, which makes you ANIMATED.
• Some people find crowds and parties exhausting, but not you! You are able to be yourself in many situations.
• Sometimes it is hard for you to understand why others feel the way they do, but that doesn’t stop you from trusting them or having faith that they are good people.
• You know the world is complicated and that there is often more than one side to a story, so you are careful not to make judgments about others too hastily.
• You would rather experience the world than sit back and observe it—you are not one to sit on the sidelines.
• You are an independent thinker and don’t get too worried about how others might perceive you—you are not self-conscious about being the active, engaged person that you are.
• Although you have a keen understanding of different people’s life circumstances, you occasionally have trouble seeing why people get so upset and emotional about things—they should just lighten up and have fun!
• In addition to having faith in the world, you have faith in the people around you—you trust others to do the right thing and to be honest.
If you want to be different: Remember that time alone can be just as fulfilling as time spent with others—take some time for yourself and you might find that there are many things in your inner world that are just as compelling as the world outside your window.
• Your open-mindedness about the ways of world gives you an understanding of people’s differences, but that knowledge doesn’t always translate into sympathy. Don’t be afraid to let your trust and understanding influence your feelings.
*Billiards at Smitty’s: