DIY succulents terrarium – FUN project and great gift idea. Post paddleboard, Angela and I enjoyed creating with our hands.. good times with good company. More to be had.
HOW TO CREATE A TERRARIUM AT HOME
1. Add a 1-inch layer of small rocks or pebbles to the bottom of your vessel (traditionally glass) as a foundation for moisture drainage.
2. Fill with soil and make sure it’s deep enough for the roots of the succulents to be covered.
3. Plant succulents, making sure the leaves don’t touch the glass walls, and pat down the soil around the base of the succulent to make it secure.
4. Add any decorative elements you choose, such as rocks, moss or tiny friends to live in your miniature world.
5. Admire your work and tend to occasionally, per instructions below.
5 RULES FOR SUCCULENT TERRARIUM CARE
1. To thrive, succulents need plenty of indirect sunlight. A sunny windowsill or bright room is best.
2. Beware of over watering. Your terrarium will only need to be watered once every two weeks at most.
3. Check through the glass to see if soil is moist, or mist lightly if leaves begin to drop.
4. Succulents require proper drainage. After watering, be sure no more than ½ an inch of water remains in the bottom of your vessel.
5. Allow for airflow. If your terrarium has a lid, remove it for a few hours each week so the terrarium doesn’t retain too much moisture, which could result in rotting or mold.
icing on the cake:
11 year old Bodhi Tippo’s fundraiser guitar sesh at proof lab. Fundraising for:
One thought on “Day 18”
I got a succulent today too! Love em